Monday 26 January 2009






It's a hard job to decide how to start a blog, so I've decided to introduce you to a corner of my front room. It's always a work in progress, with the pictures and cushions constantly changing, but it captures quite accurately the kind of vintage patterns, images and objects that get me excited! Some might think it cluttered but I like everything jostling for position and my attention.

The pictures are actually tea towels that are stretched over wooden frames. I collect 60s and 70s tea towels with colourful graphic images to turn into pictures or to cover cupboard doors. I'm making a door for a CD cabinet at the moment, and when finished I will post photos of the result.

I still have two Christmas decorations on display despite February looming up. The white folding paper decoration hanging from the ceiling looks so good I had to leave it where it is. The Alessi nativity pod on the mantelpiece was an extravagant (for us!) purchase over Christmas. I love the look of this piece and can't pack it away just yet. I've got to find something just as groovy to take its place.








3 comments:

SLICE magazine said...

Cool Room...

TinTrunk said...

I know this is over a year and a half later, but I feel compelled to share the fact that I have that Oxfam teatowel too!

I think its called 'daisy cow' - and it looks great stretched on a frame!

And I don't think it looks that cluttered (you should see my house, oh dear) Definitely a cool room!

Popalulu said...

Thanks TinTrunk, even though it's over a year ago, the front room has hardly changed. Pretty much like this blog! I'm afraid life got in the way, although I do have the urge to add to it, now things have settled down again.