Friday 30 January 2009




Here are some of the lampshades that I've recovered using vintage fabrics. I've found that the best lampshades to recover are the cylinder shape that comprises of two rings with a thin plastic inner wrapped around. The outer fabric is usually a thin fabric glued on to the white plastic. This can be peeled off, if you're careful and patient, so that the plastic inner and rings are still intact. I use double sided sticky tape to secure the new fabric onto the shade (just where the plastic overlaps down the side, not all the way round) and then use PVA glue to wrap the fabric around the rings at the top and bottom. The cut edges of the fabric can be tucked up right under the ring to leave a neat rolled edge. I use my thumb nail to do this but a narrow palette knife or something similar should work.

No comments: